Overall Purpose of an Ambassador
To support the further growth of the initiative and help us to achieve our strategic goal of increasing the reach and scale of our programmes. 67 Blankets for Nelson Mandela Day is looking to establish a strong network of passionate individuals, acting as Ambassadors (both young and older), throughout South Africa and the rest of the world.
Responsibilities of an Ambassador
The responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Promote and develop the charity in order for it to grow and maintain its relevance.
- Actively recruit and inspire “KnitWits for Madiba” who are the lifeblood of this initiative. It is our KnitWits who give of their time and financial resources to craft the beautiful hand-made blankets that are so integral to our cause.
- Actively seek introductions to possible corporate partners, high net worth individuals and others to sponsor the yarn that is required to get more KnitWits, who don’t have the financial means to participate, involved.
- Make use of personal and external networks to help raise awareness of the brand.
- Plan and schedule networking events that enables KnitWits to socialise on a regular basis.
- Attend events on behalf of 67 Blankets for Nelson Mandela Day, network and speak knowledgeably about the brand where appropriate.
- Setup suitable collection and distribution points for all blankets in their region.
- Select deserving charities to be recipients for the blankets created and collected in their region.
- Arrange for delivery of blankets to other regions for events when required. Examples of this would be for Nelson Mandela Day, the display at the Union Buildings and any other future events as deemed appropriate by the Carolyn Steyn.
- To keep the KnitWits in the designated regions informed.
The following files are available for download:
PDF Format: Recommended for Mobile Devices